Motor Coach Industries TC40-102N
The Motor Coach Industries TC40-102N, also known as the Classic was a transit bus that was built from 1987 until 1993, when MCI sold the design to Nova Bus. MCI had started to produce the Classic after that GMDD sold the design to them in 1987.
In 1991, MCI introduced the wide front destination sign windows, due to the fact that many transit agencies wanted to order larger destination signs.
Just like GMDD, MCI offered an air-conditioned version of the Classic known as the TC40-102A.
- Detroit Diesel 6V71N (1987-1988)
- Detroit Diesel 6V92TA (1988 to 1993)
- Allison V731 (1987 to 1990)
- Allison VR731 (1990 to 1993)
- Voith D863.3 (1989 to 1993)